NPR Interesting News Story of the Day/Week

cressida posted on Jul 30, 2007 at 09:55AM
I always see [and by 'see', I mean hear] and want to share interesting stories & interviews that I listen to on NPR. Feel free just to mention any that you might want to share, or, if you listen online, also link the story.

link: Mules, the offspring of female horses and male donkeys, are generally sterile. But a mule in Colorado gave birth, and her owners are trying to figure out how.
last edited on Jul 30, 2007 at 09:58AM

NPR 5 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago cressida said…
Song of the Day: "link"

I listened to this a looong time ago but it's stuck in my mind. So good.
over a year ago berta said…
I LOVE song of the day. Some of my favorites are:

link

link

link Can't beat the cowbell!

link

But I've actually never heard Song of the Day on the radio -- only seen it on the website.
Two really interesting NPR Story Corp stories/interviews:

1. This one makes me tear up a little, how sweet the husband is to his wife who is in the early stages of Alzheimer's. link

2. link "Late one evening in 1933, when Trudy Henry was at home in Dodge City, Kan., with her mother and sister, a man and a woman drove up to their house. What followed could be seen as an innocent visit — if it weren't for the names of the couple in the car: Bonnie and Clyde."

---
And for those who are unfamiliar with StoryCorps, it is an oral recording project dedicated to collecting stories and legends from everyday America.
last edited over a year ago
Terri Gross interviews Stephen Colbert on Fresh Air (Oct 9, 2007). link
You can read more here about the winner of Ukraine's Got Talent, a woman named Kseniya Simonova, but first, check out the clip, in which she tells a link. It is, to say the least, remarkable. Watch it with the audio on however; it makes the piece that much more powerful!