Random Role Playing Fantasy Quest!

axemnas posted on Nov 15, 2013 at 05:32AM
I'm borrowing this idea from a friend of mine on Nano. It was a lot of fun when we did it there so I thought I'd bring it here. If you've seen the movie galaxy quest then you already have an idea of the premise. A group of actors from a old D&D style cheesy fantasy show go to a promo for the series's release to blue ray and find them transported to a world that was exactly like the setting in the show. The cast find that they have to be their characters to save the people of his world.

Rules
-no text talk
-write in third person
-try to write at least 2 lines if possible
-no godmodding or meta gaming
- magical/ supernatural creatures of all types are allowed in the world of Fantasy quest

Magic users: if your character portrays a magic-user, they can use their power as it's portayed on the show (and if it's inconsistant due to different writers, than even better) - but as they're not used to anything happening, there's the possibility of unexpected side-effects from mistakes that a 'real' wizard wouldn't make (the backwash from a fireball exploded in a very small space is the perhaps one of the harsher examples).
Of course, not having gone through the tiresome years of training that most wizards do, they're probably more flexible in their thinking about magic and more likely to improvise (imagine an apprentice with the powers of a fully-trained wizard, but none of the training). And getting training from these people that think they're heroes might be a problem in itself ("But mighty Askorth, of course you know all the spells to do with the summoning of fire!").

The show ran for four and a half series over three years (eight espisodes a series), then died and was quietly buried two years ago. Thanks to constant re-runs on obscure cable channels and the internet, it's become a cult favourite around the world, enough that people will dress up as the characters at conventions, and queue up to get autographs.

I know some people hate the personality section, so feel free to keep it brief; I just thought it'd be fun to have a couple of characters whose real personality is totally at odds with their character's supposed personality (the merciful and kind female elf is really a bad-tempered cow, for example).

Anything else is anything you feel like adding. Maybe the character has a catchphrase they detested and is constantly being quoted at them or whatever ("By Grabthar's hammer...").

if there's anything else you want to add (like a description of what they're carrying) then go ahead.

Character sheets:

Actor name/Character name:
Actor Age/ character age:
Character type (e.g, wizard, fighter, elf ranger, whatever):
Appearance (feel free to add both normal and character if different):
Real personality:
Character personality:
Skills/abilities:
Bio:
Character bio:
Anything else:
I'm borrowing this idea from a friend of mine on Nano. It was a lot of fun when we did it there so I
last edited on Nov 16, 2013 at 06:17AM

Random Role Playing 4 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago axemnas said…
Actor name/Character name: Matt Wolf / Jonah
Actor Age/ character age: 17/ 13
Character type: lycan (wolf anthro) slave turned warrior
Appearance:
Normal - 5'6", dark hair cut in a faux hawk, blue eyes, light tan skin, sleek muscular build, wears a blue muscle shirt with black shoulders and stripes down the side, dark cargo pants, dark hoodie with breakway sleeves, necklace like the one of his his character being a choker with a 'magical' stone connected to it. Wears leaver wrist bands, Nike sneakers, leather fingerless gloves.

character - 5'8" , grey/blue fur, pointed husky like ears, long white snout, white chest and insides of his arms and legs and hands and feet, sleek muscular build, blue eyes, two almost purple tribal swirls are on his left shoulder/biscept and right outer thigh believed to have been placed there by his demon master, bushy German shepherd like tail, paw pads on the insides of his hands and feet, sharp teeth and claws, wears a choker in place of his collar with a magical stone connected to it given to him by a close friend. Leather dark wrist bands, leather chest plate, metal shoulder plates, black cloak that can hide his face to a degree, his hands and feet are sometimes wrapped in cloth, his hands usually have leather fingerless gloves. Shin plates, cloth that covers his lower region without interfering in his physical movements, A set of twin swords on his back as well as a quiver and crossbow, with a knife tied to his belt.

Real personality: kind, carefree, a comedian, prankster, light hearted, he can be serious and hot tempered as well. The other cast were like his family.He loved the show back when it was on given he was given his start being age 14 when he was casted. He's a bit nostalgic about the show. He often embraces his character by doing appearances at comic con type events in costume.
Character personality: serious, deep, intense, keeps feelings bottled up as long as possible then they come spilling out, hot headed, loyal to his friends, suspicious of strangers and is quick to draw a sword, he believes respect is something earned at this point though he still holds some of his slave mannerisms which makes him quick to follow orders.
Skills/abilities:multimartial arts/hand to hand combat, archery, swordsmanship, can bite with the force of a German shepherd, can run on all fours, canine level senses, communication with animals
Bio: Matt was discovered by one of the writers right when they started shooting the first episode, when he was attacked by some school bullies and fought them off in a similar way to a character fighting that was done for the show. When he tried on the suit for Jonah the first time he fell over right in front of the director and main cast. That being something he's still picked at to this day.
Character bio: Jonah was born a slave, both of his parents being murdered by his master. He growing up getting whipped and beaten for disobedience. Having had been entered into the fighting rings for money after he fought one of the overseers. He became a warrior after he was set free by one of the warriors after he had lost a fight and his master was going to beat him to death but, was stopped. He joined the group to repay them and to hopefully do the same for another.
Anything else:
over a year ago Time_Master said…
((>_> so, this is a Roleplay, about people playing D&D, which is a Roleplay game, so, we are going to Roleplay people Roleplaying people... that's way too confusing man))
No we're playing actors from a show that would be considered a rip off of D&D. They go to a covention and get sent to a world that's like the show and they are seen as their characters and are expected to play the role of a lifetime and defeat the evil wizard
last edited over a year ago
Here's the galaxy quest trailer think of this as a variation of that if it helps