Random Role Playing The Count Down

heart-of_love posted on Mar 29, 2017 at 07:55AM
2078...a world of flying cars, hoverboards and space stations. But now people are being restrained, they are afreid of doing what they want..and why? because of something called 'The Count Down'.

At the age of 16 each and every child around the world have a timer just under their skin start up, counting down the days until they find their one and only....Their Soul Mate.

Some believe that destiny has done this for a reason and accept it, while other's fight it, refusing to be paired up with a random person.

will you accept your fate? or try to change it?

Name:
Other Names: (nickname?)
Time: (only if they havent found their soulmate)
Significant Other: (soulmate?)
Favorite song:
Favorite saying:
Hobbies:
Bio:
Other:

2078...a world of flying cars, hoverboards and space stations. But now people are being restrained, t
last edited on Mar 29, 2017 at 07:57AM

Random Role Playing 60 replies

Click here to write a response...
Next

Showing Replies 51-60 of 60

over a year ago Cheng_Cheng said…
(So meaning the interconnected soulmates would have corresponding times...?)
over a year ago heart-of_love said…
(yea Cheng_cheng thats correct)
over a year ago brodxe said…
(( Sooo we have to decide on the pairings then change times on our characters? ))
(if everyone else agrees thats the plan brodxe)
over a year ago -Universe_COLA- said…
(( I guess I can go for it ))
(Sorry if there's a lot of repetition of hobbies for my character. I actually created her a while ago before they were already mentioned for others but I didn't feel the need to change mine >_<)

Name: Mavis Miralles
Other Names: N/A
Birth Date: 12/12
Appearance: Picture
Time: TBR
Significant Other: N/A
Favorite song: She doesn’t have a distinct preference, but she does favor the music of the previous generations versus the modern futuristic themed compositions.
Hobbies: Reading books from the older decades; writing, preferably by hand rather than using any device; drawing, painting, collecting artistic and literature works from the old faction; photography; discreetly and indirectly spreading the ideas of the old around the new division.
Bio: Over time, Mavis has developed an infatuation for preserving herself into the world—meaning everything she does almost certainly derives from her aspiration to be remembered; even more so as she was forgotten and abandoned by someone who meant the world to her before, leaving her bewildered, bitter, broken, and never the same girl that she was before, completely unrecognizable.

Even if it’s just for once, she wants to be someone’s first choice.

Now she usually keeps to herself, only accompanied by her hobbies she turned to in order to fill the absence in her heart. Even though she tries to completely deny and forget what happened before, she finds it exceptionally difficult to trust again, believing that it only puts herself in a vulnerable position.

Mavis finds herself relatable to the old world—both forgotten and cast aside as unfitting, but she’s only unconsciously aware of that fact. She disgusts the timer, but she has an even stronger detest for fate, and a hate that rivals even that for how naïve she was back then to think that her destiny was her own.
Favorite saying: Then—“Destiny does not create our choices, rather our choices create our destiny.” Now—“Sometimes following your heart means losing your mind.”
Other: Even though she in a way admires the old faction, Mavis by no means ignores the present world and its seemingly infinite technology. She lives in the newer area but sneaks to the ground below some days and spends a fair portion of her time there.
She herself doesn’t even know the remaining time on her count down anymore as she covers both the clock and the self inflicted scars that followed it with a bandage, refusing to see even a glimpse of it.
last edited over a year ago
(Sorry if there's a lot of repetition of hobbies for my character. I actually created her a while ago
(I think I agree with Skittle regarding this, but I don't exactly have a solid opinion. I don't believe assigning soulmates at this point in the roleplay would be necessarily a good move, but of course it would make it far simpler. We barely know the characters and picking partners this early on could maybe, possibly prevent something spectacular from unfolding in the future? For the characters added later on do we then add specific characters just for them? Setting pairings in stone could be the reason why we avoid the "what could have been," and limit our actions. I know this sounds absolutely cliché, but in a way, I like the thought of how perhaps we can choose our destiny, even if the roleplay is entirely based on the fact that soulmates are predetermined.

But there are a several positive aspects for deciding beforehand too, probably the point of the roleplay, actually. It follows the plot. The count down time would be a lot easier to manage and coordinating with another would probably make the pairing more, developed? realistic? Don't know. I'm okay with either choice.)
last edited over a year ago
(this roleplay is a romance roleplay, the point of the pairing system is to pair characters that know nothing about each other, it adds more to the fact that they are meant to be together forever and that they should either get along, or hate each other until they die. Yes it is setting strict limitations on what exactly could happen, but thats whats been set up. As for future characters, someone could make a character for them, or they wait until another person joins. )
(Okay~ How would the pairing system work then? By choice or random?)
(it's by choice unles you want it to be random pairs)