YouTube Embedding

tvman posted on May 07, 2007 at 05:53AM
Why are some videos now not able to be embedded, due to the users requests? I mean, are they that insecure about themselves that they get worried if anyone posts anything bad about them, I just really find it irritating.

YouTube 4 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago chocolateface-x said…
youtube users embedd their videos if they dont wish for other people to put their video on other sites its their decision
over a year ago knifewrench said…
I don't know why any Youtuber wouldn't want their videos viewed outside YouTube.com, considering that YouTube is possibly THE most harsh internet community I've ever come across, and allowing the video to be viewed on other websites would actually result in more praise than restricting it to YouTube. I am finding this feature INCREDIBLY annoying, the videos I submit are being flagged and badly rated because other users think that the video has been removed. (EG: link)
over a year ago Snerkie said…
WELL here is an idea...put it in the description :) some people don't scroll down to the comments because of spoiling reasons so if you add "please click title to view" then people will understand...OR go find the video on another website :D like dailymotion of veoh or stage6 or tudou...okay you have a million places and most youtube videos are on other video sites.
over a year ago knifewrench said…
There was too much to fit it all in the description, so I just shoved everything into a comment, but now I'm using my brain I've recognised the important stuff could have been moved into the description box, while everything else could be put into a comment.

Thanks for yet again helping me out with silly things which a normal person should be able to figure out XD