YouTube Uploading A Video

DrDevience posted on Aug 15, 2007 at 05:44PM
I made a silly video of pictures from a recent outing... nothing special. It was done with the iMovies program that came with my iMac. I'd never made a video before, or used this program. It seemed to go ok...

but when I tried to upload it to YouTube, it never quit loading. I mean I let it run like 15 hours and still it said it was uploading.

WTF?

Any clues?

YouTube 10 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago kathiria82 said…
Maybe the file was too long. If the file is longer than 10 minutes then you either have to divide it or edit some stuff out. How long was your file?
over a year ago DrDevience said…
Oh hell... like maybe 3 or 4 minutes tops I think.
over a year ago kathiria82 said…
Well how big is the actual file, like does it take a lot of memory to upload, I don't know if I make sense...
You do make sense. I'll see if I can figure a way to check the file size tomorrow. It's bedtime here now ;) Well... 8PM so TV in the bed time. HA!
All I can find is in the bottom right corner it says 4.2 MB

Is that too large?
over a year ago dave said…
Just upload it to Fanpop! :)
Jaså? I'll give that a try!
"Video Egg does not currently support this browser"

I'm using Firefox for Mac
over a year ago harold said…
Oh dear, that's too bad. I was looking forward to seeing someone else's slideshow video. I've been working on a few myself using iMovie - stop-motion animation, mostly - with the aim of uploading them to fanpop. I haven't seen very many people use the video upload feature here, yet.
I used iMovie also... wouldn't upload Damn it. I could make quite a few if I had a place to park them ;)